Saturday, December 31, 2011

What to Wear?

During this holiday time in the US, I've been spending a lot more time on the Real Life server.

As I have come in and out of the Spiral, especially to garden on most of my characters, I have done a little questing here and there on a few of them. I want to advance my Death wizard to at least level 25, so that I can pass her gear onto one of my lower level toons, so that I can slowly advance her up. It would be nice to eventually have a toon at each decan (10, 20, 30, etc), so I am not having to buy duplicates of the same crown gear. I also do not know enough about gear, so I might be passing up some very good gear that could be farmed from a boss, instead of having to use crowns to buy something suitable.


As I was looking through the gear on all my lower level toons, all five of them, I saw that I had a very nice level 25 hat for my storm wizard, Sestiva - Spike's Mechanical Visor - +64 Max Health, 3% Storm Accuracy, 6% Storm Damage, 8% Resist. The Accuracy and Damage are very nice for that level, I think. It is a hood, which I think is not the most flattering style, but the detailing on it is very pretty.



Ah, Spike the Crusher! He is the boss that shows up when you spill three milk bottles. You won't see him unless you do spill the milk ... three times, mind you. I went back to Big Ben with a friend so that he could get the alley cat there, and we fought Spike. So that is where that hat came from. Oh, gee. -smiles-

After reading the information from the link above on Wizard Central, I see that Spike drops many nice items. I was hoping he'd drop a pet, of course. He drops Myth Ghoul and White Rat Magician, but he didn't on that trip. I'll be going back there to try again.

There is no really great website that puts all the gear together, I don't think. The main Wizard forums have some information, as does the Wiki, but I have not found anything that has all the different gear compared all in one place. I'll keep looking online, but I don't think there is one. In a way, this makes it fun, to discover the best gear for a toon. On the other hand, searching around for gear for a toon can be exhausting. And then, when you are doing it for six of them - oh, my weary brain!

Still this is what I love about this game - there is always so much to learn and do, if one just looks around a bit.

Have a safe and happy New Year! See you around the Spiral!

No comments:

Post a Comment