Monday, December 5, 2011

Moar Decorating!

I decorated one of my houses outdoors and also my dorm room for the Fall Fest aka Hallowe'en contests. This was my fist time decorating for a holiday in Wizard101. Gathering up all the items to decorate can be quite an event in itself. First, you have to know what to look for in items, then you have to have enough gold and/or crowns to get those items, and then you have to find them - many can be found at the Bazaar, but competition can be fierce for those unique and desirable items, not to mention that you must know the proper name for the item you wish to find.

I had played Wizard101 a few months after it went live, then went off to pursue other things, coming back to visit the Spiral every once in a while. I love this game, especially housing and pets. I level so that I can have the gold to get more housing items and have and train more pets! It is what I enjoy.

I came back to the Spiral just before the Hallowe'en festival activities to play with my house and pets, and ended up getting completely drawn into the game again. Much has happened since I first played Wizard101, a lot of it having to do with more worlds and most especially the pet enhancements and the housing enhancements. I love them all!

When I heard about the house decorating contests, I wanted to give them a try, as in the past I have not been much of a joiner ... more of a dreamer, just thinking of what might be possible. I did not have a mount yet, and was constantly porting to the friend I was questing with in Krok. He urged me to get a mount, and finally parsimonious little Rowan purchased a ram mount. After that, my friend and I got the Special Mount Bug, and when we could, we started buying Wyvern Packs from the crowns shop. I have explained before that this little "Bug" was the cause behind my tree explosion, and then that led to Nightmare Fever. Many many cauldrons, bones, skulls and various other Nightmare Pack items later, I did finally get my Nightmare mount. Oh, and did I mention, oh so many new pets (and several other mounts).

My point - one of the best ways to get started in house decoration is to buy card packs from the crowns shop. No, it is not free, but if one chooses gaming as a form of entertainment, the pleasure factor for purchased crown card packs give a lot of entainment value, well, at least in my opinion.

I received one each of three very rare mounts - Nightmare, Wyvern and Bone Dragon. I also got several permanent mounts, which I spread around my six characters. I got the standard and deluxe brooms, a few horses, dragon wings, butterfly wings and even some bat wings. I have way more pets than I can even list, more than enough to keep me busy traing and hatching. I got a few nice wands, several pieces of stat gear, not to mention enough housing items to decorate at least 4 homes, not to mention all the forests I now have to maintain. -smiles-

I am hoping that there will be a holiday themed pack like the Nightmare pack, in the crown shop, as it is always fun to decorate for a new holiday.

Happy decorating, and may you have much fun as you travel around the Spiral!

No comments:

Post a Comment