Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Tomfoolery, aka House Hacking



I love player housing. I have found, though, that there are often times that I just cannot put something where I want to, or I start thinking about ... hmm, what if I could put that over there. This has ended up with me playing around and pushing the limits of the housing scheme, and finally to tomfoolery! In other words, making housing features and items do things that they otherwise would not do. A little persuasion.

After accidentally moving a rug, I found that rugs could be used to move things to places that they otherwise could not be. After a little research, a whole new world opened up to me - the world of Floating! With a few rugs, some crates and other various items, I really started to move outside the box. I also saw others' houses, and things that they had done. Most like to keep their tomfoolery to themselves, I have found. There are a few generous souls who have posted in their blogs about how they have achieved the seeming undoable, and I am very grateful for that. Without posts on the Wizard forums, house videos and fansite blogs, I would not have gone far.

Above is my first attempt at adding platforms to my rug runways. I was just goofing off, this is more of a sketch that what I shall actually create. Right now I am working on applying floating techniques and glitches to my little Myth wizard's house. I'll post the results when I am finished.

Happy floating, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment