Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Progress, Not Perfection ...

Reading back on my last post, I can see that someone might be puzzled about why, at level 55, I was NOT in Celestia. I had just turned 55 - just - when I had gotten all my golden pearls. From about 45, I was on a whirlwind tour of the Spiral, going around Mooshu and then into Dragonspyre, and ocassionally hopping up to Celestia to help my friend, as he was already there, to help him on his way to Legendary. He did reach it last week, and I was there! Congratulations, Chase DeathBlood!

I had dropped my more intensive pursuit of crafting, once I reached Master, to get through Mooshu and Dragonspyre. I figured that would be the best course, since I could not advance my crafting any further, as there was no more advancement until I reached a much higher level.

I just got Celestia access the night before last, -cheers!- with my friend James SunFlame. I met him when I was starting Ravenscar. We were both on the same quests, so we began to join forces. He was good enough to go back into Dragonspyre with me to complete those missions that I could not do on my own, as well as help with some of those more challenging quests. I did have to do a lot of grinding through later Dragonspyre on my own, as it is meant to be. It was a lot of killing, but finally Saturday James and I were ready to defeat Malistaire in his lair.

Fortunate for him, but unfortunate for James and me, Chase had just left the Spiral for a two week vacation. He and I had quested together since Krokotopia, and I had been with him to defeat Malistaire. None of James' or my regular questing buddies were on at the same time we were either Saturday or Sunday. Also, James ran into some technical difficulties over the weekend.

None the less, on Sunday night, a little after midnight Eastern time, Malistaire went down!

No comments:

Post a Comment