Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Gardening for Pets





This is my new layout for pet snack production, mostly hoping for a high yield of mega pet snacks. Rowan is here with Samson, doesn't he look quite proud and serious? I had to face Rowan and Samson looking down so that I could show as much of the layount as possible.

In the front in the small pots are pink dandelions. Just behind them are 4 snapdragons, flanked on the left by the chameleon statue. The rest of the plants are pretty much in a circle; I have not tried this type of layout before, but I kept missing a few of my plants on the edges with my old layout, so I decided to more clearly define the edges of the garden, and make certain that I can no longer miss plants with the pest killer. That can be costly.

On the right side of the garden, in medium pots and going counter clockwise are an evil snow pea, a venus fly trap, and a honeysickle. From the top of the circle, still going counter clockwise toward the pool, are my six deadly helephant ears. The top helephant ear is just out of the area of the pool, so when I replant, I will plant it in the empty pot on the lower left side of the circle. It is late, so I am not going to go into great detail about all the liked items, but they are all positioned behind and to the sides of the garden.

What you cannot see is that I have tucked four magma peas, one boomshroom and a ninja fig just behind this garden, because one of those (which I cannot now remember) also likes the weapon rack that is liked by one of the plants in the large garden circle.

It has been very confusingt to me as to how to make a layount which includes plants that like plants AND include all the other housing items plant likes. I made simple diagrams, and if I am ambitious and organized enough, I'll scan them and put them up here ... I said IF, and that is a big if. They are really easy to read and contain all the information, and I'd like to share them ... but these days, the best laid plans ... do gang aft aglay.



Here is Iridian's new prickly bear garden. I thought it was a rather nice and tidy layout, with the Pile of Sand and Krok Insect Tablet just behind, and the Tropical Garden Gnome tucked neatly in, just behind the Tablet. It is a quiet spot, with the sound of the waterfall in the background. I have not grown prickly bears yet, so I am interested to see what the pet snack yield will be for them. I don't think that they drop mega snacks, but I do know that I have regularly gathered mega snacks from Deadly Helephant Ears and Snap Dragons. I also have not grown Magma Peas, so I am looking forward to see what they will yield in the way of tasty uber pet snacks.

I have leveled Rowan's Life pets recently - satyr and forest lord, aka wookie, as well as the death pony that was available from the crown shop during the hallowe'en period. That takes a lot of food, and when I get to that last stretch of 1,000 points to Epic, I just want to run away. Mega snacks help me to go on!

No comments:

Post a Comment