Sunday, November 6, 2011

Teleporter News!

I have just made my first teleporter! Yellow. It would not be my first choice in colour, but the treasure cards to make it were the most accessible for me at the time.

The hardest regeants to obtain for the teleporter were, of course, the golden pearls. Not only are they needed for making any of the teleporters, golden pearls are needed to make the crafted quest item for the Grandmaster Crafter.

I am at level 55 right now, and wondered how I might ever get to this point of making a teleporter before I actually was "legally" able to get into Celestia. As a Life wizard, even at lower levels, I was asked to help friends who were in much higher zones. It is a very exciting life, as a Life wizard, yes indeed! I get to travel far and see the world before I ever would have in the normal progress of my little  wizardly life, due to the fact that I can heal!

So, how did I get four golden pearls before entering Celestia and NOT from ever buying one on the Bazaar? After doing some reading, researching and investigating around the Spiral, I found out a few things. Number one, I was doing some sorting out of my bags, and I discovered that I already had some pearls in my backpack. How could this be? Later that day, when gathering a harvest of maelstrom snap dragons, I saw a pearl drop into my backpack! A little more poking about and I found that deadly helephant ears would yield pearls! Also, to my surprise and great delight, on my final harvest of a maelstrom snap dragon I got a golden pearl!

I started in right away to shift my garden over to supporting deadly helephant ears and maelstrom snap dragons, so that they'd grow happily in my garden, and thus give me more pearls. More about that later. Since this was going to take a while, I looked for other options for getting pearls. I found that I could transmute golden pearls from pearls, and that I could transmute pearls from black lotus. Black lotus can also be transmuted, from ore and cattail. Since I was able to gather up to Mooshu and Dragonspyre, I spent time gathering not only black lotus, but cattails and ore, and transmuting black lotus when the supply was scarce for harvesting. Along with the pearls and golden pearls from my plant harvests, the gathering of black lotus, cattails and ore for transmuting all the way up to golden pearl, it took me about two weeks to get all four golden pearls. I got the earthquake treasure cards from either the Bazaar or plant harvests.

Now, where shall I put my new teleporter!

No comments:

Post a Comment