Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Diversity

What shall I do now? What shall I not do now?

It amazes me when someone in Wizard101 says "I'm bored". It seems that I can never find enough time to do all that I want in the game. Of course, I am just coming back after not really playing for a year. When I started, it was a few months after the launch of the game, and the cap was level 30. Now it is level 60, soon to be 70!

My main character, Rowan WindFlower, is a Life wizard. Her secondary school is Balance.

Besides working on getting to level  60, I also love to decorate my homes, care for and train my pets and develop my crafting skills. Over this last weekend, leveling became the most important activity. When one finds a friend who is on the same course, then advancing one's game progress becomes more important than improving pets, or deciding which sofa goes with which rug.

This week, however, I hope to catch up more on getting my houses more in order. Besides the additions of housing drops, I have taken advantage of the Nightmare card packs, as well as my usual purchases of the other card decks. I want that wyvern mount! I don't know if it will ever be mine, though I have purchased way too many packs of those cards to even want to remember. -sigh-

Due to my card purchases, though, I have ended up with a great deal of housing items, many of them being trees. I love trees! I have put the trees to good use in my homes, turning my Krokotopia palace into an oasis in the desert. It is my favourite house. Although there is not a lot of land, there is a great diversity in the areas, and it feels much larger to me than it actually is. The taller trees grow through more than one level of the land, creating a very lush area, which is quite fun to travel through from top to bottom.

For those of you who are not familiar with the Krokotopia palace, it is a four level desert setting. One comes in from the portal to "steps" of sand clumps that go down. You land at the main level, where the house is. From there, you can proceed down to an area with a small lake, fed by a waterfall which is two levels up from it. Traveling back up to the main level and on to level three, you climb a mountain path to enter a hidden cave, which has an underground pool. This is where the waterfall starts that falls down to level one. You pass by the underground pool, only to find yourself in the remains of an ancient crypt! (Mine is filled with ancient treasures of the past, along with a friendly family of bats.) Passing through the crypt, there is a stairway upward, which leads to level four. This is the top of the palace, where an enormous sphinx holds command, beside a towering cliff above it. This little palace may not be to everyone's taste, but I love its diversity. Take a tour, if you get the chance, when you get a little free time in game ... perhaps if your thoughts start tending toward boredom? -grins-

No comments:

Post a Comment