Thursday, November 17, 2011

Time Keeps on Slipping, Slipping, Slipping ...

... into the future!

So much happens ingame, and then nothing, and then the real life server acts up, and before I know it ... could have had twenty-something blog posts, and I end up with none.

The past few weeks I have mostly been on Rowan (Life wizard), headed toward Legendary. My Fire wizard friend James and I have been doing all our old quest lines, waiting for time on the weekend to do the two hour dungeon that finishes the main quest line in Wintertusk.

I had a quest that sent me to Colossus Boulevard ... Briskbreeze Tower? Ugh ... don't  ever go there, unless you really like being mean to yourself ... and I mean REALLY. Several levels of cheating baddies, and just when we were about to defeat the final boss, James' Life wizard Gabriel (he had stepped in to help with the dungeon, as for some reason James could not enter) died, I rezzed him, then he died again, and I was quite near death. I held off for two rounds, but was down to 130 life, and that last little death sprite, with plus damage, took me down. Gabriel did not get back in time, but he could run back up to the top, avoiding the mobs on the way. As I went back to join him, I got caught. I lagged out of a doorway and before I could turn around, I lagged into the group of mobs on that  floor.

I was able to flee and get back to Gabriel. We did finally get the boss down, but the time spent, the lack of xp and the lack of rewards made the whole experience seem quite demeaning and just downright cruel.

Wizard, WHAT were you thinking?

No comments:

Post a Comment